Are you a founder of a business that makes original products sold direct-to-consumers online? We’d like to help spread the word about you and your company. Just fill out and submit the interview form below. There’s no charge.
Learn How to Submit an Interview
Review the Interview Questions
Submit Your Interview
Frequently Asked Questions
Terms and Conditions
This service is a collaboration with Mario Schulzke, the creator of IdeaMensch, an interview site that features thousands of entrepreneur interviews that has cultivated an audience measured in the tens of thousands.IDEAMENSCH
Your full interview will be published here on the Human Scale Business website. Mario will publish excerpts selected by him in a special series of posts to the IdeaMensch site. Together, we’ll promote your interview to our respective audiences.READ STORIES
How to Submit an Interview
Please read the following carefully. It will save you time and yield a better outcome. If you have any questions about the process, scroll down to the FAQ section.
- Complete a bio. Your personal bio should be between 200 and 500 words written in third person narrative (i.e. use “he” or “she” but never “I”, “we”, or “you”. Tell us about yourself in this section rather than your business.
- Prepare your answers. Review the interview questions listed below. Take your time, put in some effort, and answer all the questions as completely and honestly as possible. There’s no deadline, and this is a chance to really get your story across to your audience and peers. Make it count.
- Take a picture. You’ll need to submit a photograph of yourself. (We humans love to see faces.) The photo should be high-resolution (at least 1050 pixels wide × 320 pixels high in JPG format – the bigger the better). Please don’t enlarge a low-resolution photo, because we won’t be able to use it. In order to use your photo as post header, we’ll try to crop it so your face is toward the right side of the page:
- Gather your contact information. How can people connect with you via your business website or your personal Twitter, LinkedIn, or Facebook accounts? We require your personal email address, but won’t share it.
- Use the web form below to submit your interview. Copy (Ctrl-C) and paste (Ctrl-Shift-V) your answers into the designated field; attach your photograph; complete all other fields; and click “Submit.”
If you’ve submitted a complete interview with an appropriately sized, high-resolution photograph, we’ll do a quick grammar check and place your interview in the queue for publishing in the order received.
Readers want to know who, what, where, and when. They also want to know why. Help readers understand what makes you tick.
- What do you sell and to whom?
- What is the dramatic difference you offer your customers?
- What compelled you to start your business, and how long have you been in business?
- What aspect of your business life causes you the most fear and trepidation, and how do you keep your fear from overwhelming you?
- What about your business is the greatest source of personal pride? Why?
- What are the smartest and dumbest things you’ve done in business?
- What advice would you give your younger self?
- If you could ask your true business peers one question, what would it be?
- What does success mean to you?
- What is the one tool you can’t live without, and how do you use it in your business?
- Where do you go and what do you do to really unwind?
- What skill, interest, passion, or hobby do you have that surprises people, and why are they surprised?
- Optional: What else would you like us to know about you?
Frequently Asked Questions
What's in it for me?
Why are you doing this? What's the catch?
Under what conditions might you decline to publish an interview?
Will you proofread and edit my submission?
I don't make my own product, or I don't sell direct-to-consumers online. Can I still submit an interview?
Do I have to answer all the interview questions?
What happens if I don't answer all the questions?
How long will it take to publish my interview after I submit it?
What's with the terms and conditions to submitting my interview?
Still have a question?
Terms and Conditions
By submitting this interview, you agree that you have all necessary licenses and permissions to submit this content. You represent and warrant that you have all necessary rights, licenses, and permissions to grant the above licenses and that the Content submitted by you, and the submission of such Content, do not and will not violate any intellectual property rights (including but not limited to copyrights and trademark rights) of any third party. You agree that you will indemnify, defend, and hold harmless Human Scale Business and IdeaMensch, their parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, customers, vendors, hosts, officers, and employees from any liability, damage or cost (including reasonable attorneys’ fees and costs) from any claim or demand made by any third party due to violation of these representations and warranties or otherwise arising out of any submitted Content.
By submitting this interview, you grant Human Scale Business and IdeaMensch a non-exclusive, worldwide, royalty-free, sublicensable, transferable right and license to use, host, store, cache, reproduce, publish, display (publicly or otherwise), perform (publicly or otherwise), distribute, transmit, modify, adapt (including, without limitation, in order to conform it to the requirements of any networks, devices, services, or media through which the Services are available), and create derivative works of the Content. To clarify, you agree that Human Scale Business and IdeaMensch are allowed to publish the interview on humanscalebusiness.org and/or IdeaMensch.com, and share any part of the Content via social media, email or use the Content in ebooks, presentations, books and courses (free or paid) without needing further permission from you or having to give compensation to you.
Is There Something Else?
If the preceding didn’t address all your questions and concerns, or if you’d just like to learn more about what we’re up to here at Human Scale Business, let’s set up a time to chat.SCHEDULE A FREE CALL